This summer, in partnership with the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Youth Program and the Fulton County Youth Enrichment Services Program, more than 35 young adults have participated in an internship program on the campus of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA). The students worked in various departments at the GWCCA, including Human Resources, Accounting, Building Services, Engineering, Administration, Purchasing and Event Services.
The high school students recently shared some of their thoughts on what they learned during their time working here. They learned:
- Customers’ needs are most important.
- So much goes on behind the scenes to produce events.
- It’s a lot of hard work!
- They’ve been happy to come to the job every day.
- There is a lot of team work involved.
- Getting the job done requires communication and team work. Working together you can get things done quicker.
The students are pictured here with Georgia World Congress Center Authority Chief Operating Officer Kevin Duvall.