Help us win an innovation award!
We recently submitted our sustainability efforts to Trade Show Executive's Readers Choice Innovation Awards. We have worked really hard to make our day-to-day operations green. Read our submission below.
Please vote for us!
Voting is here:
Go to the section called: V. Most Innovative Green Initiatives by a Convention Center
Click on: GI-CC-GWCC = Georgia World Congress Center
A FEW OF OUR EFFORTS:
The Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) is committed to sustainable practices and leverages technology to reach this goal whenever possible. Taking a comprehensive look at daily operations of the 3.9 million square foot facility, recent sustainable innovations include:
- The GWCC’s Public Safety department uses T3 Motion Vehicles, clean-energy three-wheeled vehicles, for patrolling the 200-acre campus. All-electric, zero gas emissions, high efficiency, T3 vehicles reduce the use of car patrol and over all fuel usage.
- Exhibit hall lighting upgrade, which will result in up to 25% energy savings per usage and will last 20% longer than old lighting.
- iPads are utilized campus-wide to dramatically reduce the use of paper in planning events.
- Digital monitors reduce the use of vinyl signage and printed materials that end up in the landfill post event.
- Ionators reduce the use of cleaning chemicals.
- Upgrades to toilets and urinals significantly reduce water usage. Old toilets used 3.5 gallons of water per flush and new toilets use 1.28 gallons. Urinals used 3 gallons per flush and now use 1.28 gallons.
- Robotic floor cleaners have HEPA filters that improve air quality within the center.